From 9 am to noon every Thursday, Medicare beneficiaries may come to our office with questions, billing issues, appeals, etc. without an appointment. Our counselors will be available to handle all of your Medicare needs.
New-To-Medicare 101 Presentation
Wednesday of every month
10 am to 12 pm
in our conference room.
Learn if, when, and how to enroll in Medicare from a trained and unbiased SHIP counselor.
Call to reserve your seat at
970-243-9839 ext. 1
You can schedule Medicare Presentations at your event!
¿SABÍAS? You can browse a Spanish-translated version of our Mesa County RSVP website by clicking the three lines at the top right corner of any page and selecting “Español” from the options there.
Learning about programs like Medicare and Medicaid is often complicated enough in your native language, so we thought this might provide some extra help to our Spanish-speaking friends in the community.
Seleccione “Español” en el menú en la parte superior derecha.
Medicare Savings Programs (MSP)!
These programs were set up specifically to help low-income seniors and disabled members of our community. Schedule an appointment today!
How Our SHIP counselors Help
- Explain and help people enroll in Medicare parts A, B, C, and D, Medigap policies and supplements
- Offer individual, confidential counseling and public education seminars about Medicare
- Help people enroll in Medicare low income programs
- Assist individuals new to Medicare or new to Colorado
- Help research and resolve Medicare bills and other issues
- Educate people about Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse
- Help with appeals and fraud/error resolution
- Spanish-speaking counselors are available. Hay asociados que hablan español.
- And more!
Key Points to Remember About SHIP
- SHIP does not charge for its services
- SHIP counselors are not compensated in any way for their counseling services, allowing them to provide you with completely unbiased advice that best helps you
- SHIP helps you make informed choices about your Medicare
- SHIP stays up-to-date and informed about the latest changes in Medicare
What is SMP?
The Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) empowers and assists Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse. Mesa County RSVP’s SHIP counselors are here to answer your questions. Advice is free, confidential and objective.
Medicare is complicated. So how do you identify healthcare fraud, error and abuse?
- Fraud is false information given to receive payments for services not provided.
- Error is a mistake that may be corrected after a call to your medical provider or supplier.
- Abuse is a healthcare provider or supplier recommendation for services or equipment not medically necessary.
If you feel that you’ve encountered fraud, error or abuse, contact our office to speak with one of our counselors by calling 970-243-9839 ext. 1
Learn more about Medical Identity Theft. (link: SMPResource.org)
Download: “How to Read Medicare Statements” (PDF created by the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services)