join the team!
Why should you volunteer with Handyman?
- Meet other volunteers with similar interests
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and make your own appointments with clients.
- You’ll be able to visit with a senior that may not have any or only limited contact with others.
Our Handyman Volunteers need:
- A desire to help and connect with limited-income older adults and people with disabilities in Mesa county
- Experience and skill in minor home repairs
- Your own tools
- Your own transportation
- A valid Colorado driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- A clear criminal background check before projects will be assigned
Mesa County RSVP Handyman Project
Mesa County RSVP’s Handyman Project consists of volunteers aged 55 or older who work together to perform minor home repair projects for limited-income older adults and people with disabilities. For those seeking assistance with home safety improvement projects, you only pay for the cost of the materials needed to safely provide the improvements you request, and the labor is provided for free from our volunteers. The Handyman Project is limited in scope to services that help you maintain your safety, comfort, or welfare so you can continue to live independently in your home.
Types of Projects
- Grab bars/handrails
- Wheelchair ramps/Walker steps
- Minor electrical work (light fixtures, switches, plugs, light bulbs)
- Replace furnace filters
- Minor furniture repair related to safety
- Minor carpentry
- Minor plumbing work (faucets, toilets, handles)
- Home weatherization
Our volunteers are age 55 or older and are not licensed contractors.
Call 970-243-9839 ext 6 to see if you qualify for free Handyman Project services and to see if we provide the service you need.