2021 Medicare Open Enrollment
Medicare’s Open Enrollment Period occurs each year from October 15 through December 7. During this time, you can make changes to your Medicare coverage. In most cases, this period is the only time you can pick a new Medicare Advantage or Part D plan.
Even if you are happy with your current Medicare Advantage or Part D plan, you should check to see if there is another plan that offers you better health and/or drug coverage at a lower price.
Our volunteer SHIP counselors can help you review your options and pick a plan that meets your needs — all at no cost to you. They specialize in trusted, individualized and unbiased counseling.
SHIP Open Enrollment Walk-In Days:
Every Tuesday, October 26-December 7 in the RSVP offices, 9 AM-3 PM or when we reach capacity.
Updated: Tues., October 19, 2021
From 9 am to noon every Thursday Medicare beneficiaries may come to our office with questions, billing issues, appeals, etc. without an appointment. Our counselors will be available to handle all of your Medicare needs.
Posted: Fri, August 13, 2021
Medicare 101 Presentations
Our SHIP program offers a monthly “Introduction to Medicare” seminar. Learn about if, when, how and what to enroll in Medicare from a trained and unbiased SHIP counselor. Registration required. Space limited. Call 970-243-9839 ext. 1.
November 3 and December 8, from 10 am to noon.
Updated: Tues, October 19, 2021
What is SHIP?
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (or SHIP) helps Medicare enrollees navigate the Medicare system and provides free, unbiased and individualized information. Mesa County RSVP’s SHIP volunteer counselors do not sell insurance plans and are not compensated in any way.
How Our SHIP counselors Help
- Explain and help people enroll in Medicare parts A, B, C, and D, Medigap policies and supplements
- Offer individual, confidential counseling and public education seminars about Medicare
- Help people enroll in Medicare low income programs
- Assist individuals new to Medicare or new to Colorado
- Help research and resolve Medicare bills and other issues
- Educate people about Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse
- Help with appeals and fraud/error resolution
- And more!
Key Points to Remember About SHIP
- SHIP does not charge for its services
- SHIP counselors are not compensated in any way for their counseling services, allowing them to provide you with completely unbiased advice that best helps you
- SHIP helps you make informed choices about your Medicare
- SHIP stays up-to-date and informed about the latest changes in Medicare
What is SMP?
- Fraud is false information given to receive payments for services not provided.
- Error is a mistake that may be corrected after a call to your medical provider or supplier.
- Abuse is a healthcare provider or supplier recommendation for services or equipment not medically necessary.