Watch this space for details of new volunteer openings as they become available.
Posted: Thu, Aug 26, 2021
Why Volunteer with Mesa County RSVP?
Volunteers in Mesa County RSVP’s programs are older adults who choose how, where, and when they serve. Our partner agencies view volunteer service as a solution to local, regional, and national concerns. Many Mesa County RSVP volunteers tell us they experience improved health and wellbeing as a result of serving Mesa County residents.
- No membership fee
- Meet, one-on-one with our Volunteer Manager to match your skills and interests with volunteer opportunities
- We’ll help you meet the needs of your community
- Choose from a variety of local volunteer opportunities
- Add flexibility to your schedule with our One-Time Projects and events
- Make new friends at RSVP social events
- Anyone age 55 or older can join RSVP!
- Accident and liability insurance at no cost to you
- Whatever… whenever… wherever… we’ll help you find the perfect fit!
Strengthening Our Community
Mesa County RSVP’s mission is to strengthen our community by engaging volunteers age 55 and older. Our projects address important needs by focusing on local issues that will create a lasting impact in Mesa County.
Mesa County RSVP is committed to meeting the needs of your community by focusing on areas such as:
- Access to Health Care
- Health Education
- K-12 Education
- Safe Housing
- Disaster Response
- And more!
Our Signature Projects
SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Assistance Project)
Volunteers help Medicare beneficiaries understand their health care coverage and prescription drug plans. Visit the SHIP page for more information.
Volunteers make minor home repairs and adaptations for low-income older adults and individuals with disabilities. Visit the Handyman Project page for more information.
Senior Scholar Project
Volunteers tutor children in reading, math and science in schools and other education centers. Visit the Senior Scholar Project page for more information.
Mesa County RSVP is funded by donations form local businesses and individuals as well as government and other grants. Learn how to donate to Mesa County RSVP.