At a Glance
Three benefits of the RSVP Handman Project:
- Meet other volunteers with similar interests
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and make your own appointments with clients.
- You’ll be able to visit with a senior that may not have any or only limited contact with others.
Posted: Fri, Aug 27, 2021
What do you need to have as a Handyman volunteer?:
- A desire to help and connect with limited-income older adults and people with disabilities in Mesa county
- Experience and skill in minor home repairs
- Your own tools
- Your own transportation
- A valid Colorado driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- A clear criminal background check before projects will be assigned
Posted: Fri, Aug 27, 2021
Mesa County RSVP Handyman Project
Mesa County RSVP’s Handyman Project consists of volunteers aged 55 or older who work together to perform minor home repair projects for limited-income older adults and people with disabilities. For those seeking assistance with home safety improvement projects, you only pay for the cost of the materials needed to safely provide the improvements you request, and the labor is provided for free from our volunteers. The Handyman Project is limited in scope to services that help you maintain your safety, comfort, or welfare so you can continue to live independently in your home.
Types of Projects
- Grab bars/handrails
- Wheelchair ramps/Walker steps
- Minor electrical work (light fixtures, switches, plugs, light bulbs)
- Window-mounted cooler installation and maintenance
- Replace furnace filters
- Minor furniture repair related to safety
- Minor carpentry
- Minor plumbing work (faucets, toilets, handles)
- Home weatherization
Our volunteers are age 55 or older and are not licensed contractors.
Call 970-243-9839 ext 6 to see if you qualify for free Handman Project services and to see if we provide the service you need.
Services not provided
The following types of projects are not provided by our Handyman Project team:
- Rooftop work
- Major electrical work
- Remodeling or additions
- Major plumbing work
- Emergency repairs
- Furnace repair
- Appliance repair
- Yard and garden work
- Major painting projects
- Moving or heavy lifting
- Furniture assembly
- Carpet or flooring work
- Repairs on rental property
- Work beneath homes
- Widen door openings
- Work that requires a ladder higher than 7 feet
We gratefully accept donations! Checks may be made payable to Mesa County RSVP, and your donation is tax-deductible.
Donations may be mailed to:
Mesa County RSVP
PO Box 1077
Grand Junction, CO 81502
Thank you for your support!